The movement for the the thunder, as shown in the images to the right, was easily achieved by simply placing them up with blutack behind the cloud. After every shot I would change the order of the lightening to give the effect and show the audience that it is a cold wet night, and also to set the scene for the dog.
The picture to the left is of the dog as he is jumping up at the bin. This was more difficult to achieve as the plasticine modal of the dog was heavy and would not support on it's back legs. I succeeded this by sticking the back bottom part of the dog, which was out of shot, to the paper below on the set floor.
The next shot that i had difficulty with due to the movement of the character was where the man comes into shot and bends down to attach the lead to the dog. This lead to me having to look at how a leg would normally move and copying the action. To make it look believable I took cation with is and don the moving in stages. The first stage of it's upper body and how that would lean slightly but still remain upright. The second stage of the left leg and hoe it would have to bend the knee upwards and having to move the waist along with the knee at the same time. The best way for this was to make it stair shaped with a right angle at both joints. The stage to follow was the right led and how the man would be more sitting on that leg by bending it backwards. The final part was looking at the shoes and how they would both be the same except the right foot would be slightly stretched to make it more believable to the audience.
The next three three movement shots are from when the dog is rolling around after playing with a green ball. to do this I simply placed it on it's side, back and then opposite side. However, to achieve it having an affect on an audience I moved small noticeable features about the dog. These included the feet, back, ears, head and tail. The feet I moved throughout the rolling to show that the dog is using some force and to show the audience that the animation has lifelike elements. I moved the back to show that the dog is using some force to roll itself around and almost personifying the plasticine model. The head, tail and ears I moved to show the emotion of the dog.
To make the logo appear I had the camera pan up in the animation and then the image would be revealed from the top of the screen. This was done by moving the camera up past the dog and then once it was out of shot I would have the camera fixed at a blank wall. I would then place the logo, using blutack, slightly in the shot and then slowly move it down the wall. due to the start where the camera moves up the audience assumes that the camera is still moving up even when the logo is appeared.